Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Disgruntleds

I'm having a pretty frustrating and long week, so this seemed as good a time as any to initiate a new semi-weekly/monthly feature: The Disgruntleds. This, simply, is a list of the things disgruntling me right now. Feel free to add your own in the comments.

1.) Crocs. They look ok on kids, but pretentious and stupid on adults. As I told the Disgruntled Girlfriend yesterday, I'm not gay, but some of those color combos have just (snap) got (snap) to (snap) go. Mmm-hmmm...

2.) People talking into their cell phones like they were walkie-talkies. You don't look cool, asshole. And your phone is not a walkie-talkie.

3.) Walkie-talkie cell phones.

4.) When co-workers (like my boss, who's office is next to mine) dial using their speaker phone, then when the other person says, audibly, "Hello?" the co-worker (or boss) picks up the phone and starts using it normally. What the fuck is the point of doing that?

5.) "Bro"/"Brah"

6.) The New York Times

7.) Fantasy football weeks ruined by "game-time decisions" (conversely, accurately predicting these decisions makes me less disgruntled)

8.) Robot marriages?

9.) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and his body odor

10.) Goddamn fucking real estate

Have a disgruntled day!!

P.S. Look who just turned 18!!

2 comments:

Mikepcfl said...

I was going to remind you Michelle Wie is legal as of today, but I was out of the office. So it's ok to say how sexy she is.

Anonymous said...

I do the speaker phone dialing thing all the time. It rules.