Friday, July 6, 2007

I Wouldn't Say I've Been Missing It, Bob

Hello Disgruntleds!

Nothing substantial to talk about today, just a myriad of smaller things...

1.) First off, interesting development at work. My office window faces a luxury condo building about 50-75 yards away from us. Some of the units have an open balcony, and some have closed-in breakfast nook type balconies. Anyway, occasionally, we'll see small parties, exercise, or bong-smoking going on, but nothing too interesting.

That is...until a few days ago. It turns out that a certain resident with one of the breakfast nook balconies seems to have a dislike for wearing clothes. Luckily, she happens to be a shapely woman! My boss (whose office is next to mine) and I have been on "Nekkid Watch" all week now, and today's actually the first day she's disappointed. She's either always naked or in a bathrobe - all day long. Our secretary thinks she must be a prostitute, and that's definitely a possibility.

UPDATE!!! Just turned around as I was typing this, and she came out again in the bathrobe (note: it's 3:45 PM). I imagine the reason she was robed (doubtful that she's got anything on underneath) is that the maintenance man is fixing her windows. And no, that's not a sexual euphemism...or is it?? Maybe she's trying put some kind of tint on her windows so I can't look in.

TOO BAD PROSTITUTE, I'VE GOT EAGLE EYES!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, though, most of us on this floor are in agreement that she knows what she's doing when she walks around naked. Oh yes, she knows what she's doing...

2.) If I inherited nothing else from my mom (besides the Disgruntled Dog), I definitely picked up her habit of not answering the phone if I don't recognize the phone number. This is probably an offshoot of my dealings with Craigslist tenant ads. I stopped listing my number for those, because it's a lot easier to racially profile via email. (KIDDING!!! Or am I??) Anyway, though, I had some awkward conversations back when I used to list it (like the time I got a call from an agency trying to place two refugee women in one of my rooms...awkward), so now I screen all my calls. It's a habit I'm not proud of, but, you know, it's there. My general rule is, if I don't recognize your number, and you don't leave me a message, then eat it, I'm not talking to you. Anyway, the problem with this is that there are a lot of people out there who seem to feel that leaving a message is below them, so I miss some important calls every once in a while. But, when I suck it up and answer, I inevitably get a goddamn telemarketer or something. If you try to look the number up on Switchboard.com, 99.9% of the time you'll get a "Name Unavailable" listing. Thanks guys.

However, I happened to stumble upon a little site called "Who Called?", which is friggin' incredible. I'm going to put it on my links section on the right side of the blog as well. Basically, what it is is a community of people fed up with telemarketers and unlisted phone numbers who answer these unknown numbers, then post on the site who they are. It's an incredible database - I've been getting a call from a California-based number for a week now, and, thanks to the site, I found out it's the Investor's Business Daily, probably wondering why I didn't reup my subscription. Ha ha guys. I'm sure I'll be using this service the next time Comcrap calls to try to convince me that $159/month is way too little to be paying for cable/internet service. Anyway, check out the site, it's great.

3.) I've said it before, and I'll say it again: AL GORE FOR PRESIDENT!!! (At least it was an environmentally friendly automobile, right?)

4.) And, finally, this...



Happy July 6th Everyone!!

-Disgruntled A

No comments: