Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Coast-a Guard-a Coast-a Guard-a Come And Save My Ship!

"Hmm, it looks like the Disgruntled Investor hasn't posted anything in a long time," noted the Disgruntled Girlfriend yesterday.

"Alright, alright, I'll do something, Jesus..." I replied, while also noting that it's not like anyone reads this thing anyway.

"I read it! And the Daves, and Mike, and..."

"Yeah, exactly, who else?"

But, that's kind of a dick comment by me, so for the four or five readers of this blog, here's a bit of a super entry to make up for time lost. Oh, and by the way, I've been pretty damn busy lately - I usually do these things while I'm at work (such as, right now), and I've had a lot of actual work to do, so, anyway.

First off is a great quote I'd like to share from regular reader Mike, who's been featured here before. Mike recently saw "Transformers" and had this to say:

"I finally watched Transformers over the weekend and I really liked it except for one thing that really made me angry and I cant get over. You know the hottie girl in the movie? I looked her up on IMDB and I guess she was 21 when the movie came out. Which is fine. But in her bio it said that she lives with her fiancé' BRIAN AUSTIN GREEN!!!!! What the F! He is my age (ed. note: 86) and he is washed up. How does he get or even meet her? Was she a 90210 fan growing up? Was she like 8 and fell in love him? I'm sorry, I cant get over this at all. Maybe it's like a Tom Cruise Katie Holmes thing and he brainwashed her? This has been bothering me since Saturday night, so I had to rant since you liked the movie so much."

Next up comes from a conversation the DG and I had yesterday regarding the Coast Guard and movies. My dad (the Disgruntled Dad?) is a former Coast Guard Captain, so I think this is how the topic came up. Anyway, we realized that there haven't been many movies that featured the Coast Guard in any meaningful way. Sure, it was given star treatment thanks to Ashton ("I Really Just Want To Be Close To You, Bruce") Kutcher and Kevin ("I'll Take It!") Costner in The Guardian, and the DG noted that some movie called, Yours, Mine, and Ours, starring the encouragable Dennis Quaid as a Coast Guard Admiral, apparently exists as well, but other than that I couldn't name a single other Coastie movie.

Anyway, so it turns out there are over 50 movies that feature the Coast Guard, at least in some capacity! I stumbled across this great website, which also has some old movie posters, and shows that even John Wayne has portrayed a Coastie! Crazy, shows how much I know. Anyway, it's an interesting site, check it out.

Alright, I guess that's all I got for now, I'll be better about posting. Probably.

No comments: