Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Somewhat New Medium


Holy shit, a new blog entry!?!?!?!

So the Disgruntled Investor has begun a new phase, doing something he's always wanted to do, but up to now has only mostly joked about doing - writing a screenplay based on the Disgruntled Investor's real estate/slumlord experiences. I've always thought that all of this crap is completely unbelievable (though true!), and having popped out my first attempt at a screenplay last year (about a guy who hates his job and decides to go around visiting haunted battlefields...yeah, it wasn't great, but it proved I could actually write one of these things), I've decided to give this a whirl.

So, I'll be working on that for the next month or two, and I'll update with any, um, updates. I'm planning on entering it into some screenwriting contests and/or sending it off to some agents. Basically, I'd like to do something worthwhile this year, and it's always been my disgruntled goal in life to write a screenplay and get it made into a movie. So, that's what's new with me.

Having said all that, the damn thing needs a title. I'm terrible at coming up with clever titles for anything I write, preferring instead to pilfer other people's clever ideas (thx MC Paul Barman for this post's title). So, I'm posting a poll (the blog's first!) on the sidebar. I've come up with a few ideas, and you can all vote on which one you think seems best. I'll also take suggestions, and add them to the poll if I like them enough. Remember, this movie is going to be based on all of the crazy shit that's happened with my failed attempts at selling the places, and the insane, phantom shitter, alcoholic, suicidal, etc., etc. tenants I've had, so keep that in mind with the titles. I'll use whichever one wins as my title. That's my pledge to you. Since I really only have two actual usable ideas (guess which ones!) I heartily encourage write-in entries.

Here's what I have so far:

"I'm So Glad" - kind of relates to my first scene, where the main character (based on the DI), pops a CD - specifically, Cream's "Fresh Cream" (good album) in and the song that comes up is "I'm So Glad." Anyway, it's a great song, and one that fits the general tone of the movie, I think

"The Disgruntled Investor" - because, you see, the movie is about a real estate INVESTOR, who, through various mishaps and shenanigans, becomes rather DISGRUNTLED

"I'm Gee!!" - just anticipating Ete Packley's write-in

Other - write-ins, again, gladly accepted

It'll be fun and interactive!

Gee...

7 comments:

Adrock said...

I think we have a new frontrunner - Stinkgee Housegee!

Adrock said...

Shit, it looks like I can't add entries to the poll after someone's already voted, but feel free to vote for one of "anonymous"'s entries via comments.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go take a shitgee in the stinkgee bathroomgee.

Anonymous said...

Please name your screenplay "House of Gee" or "The House that Gee Built"

Blog Stevens said...

I'd like to take this opportunity to elaborate on my suggestions.

1) In the House

I think this is an apt title in many ways: 1) Much of the film will presumably take place IN THE HOUSE, 2) Financially, you're very much IN THE HOUSE, and 3) IN THE HOUSE is a very funny and popular phrase that not one person is tired of.

2) Asshole Deep

After completely failing all of my classes the first semester of my sophomore year, I took a year off to sell cars. I was never a good salesman by any measure, but one Saturday I was bungling a deal particularly badly, even by my standards. After committing my 5th or 6th potentially career-ending blunder with the same customer, my immediate supervisor pulled me into an empty room and closed the door. After glaring at me for a good ten seconds, he simply said, "You are asshole deep in this deal," and walked out. Whenever I think about you and this house, the phrase "asshole deep" comes to mind.

3) Stinkgee Housegee!!!!!!

You see, it's a movie about a housegee!!! and HOUSEGEE STINKGEE!!!!!!!!

Blogadier General said...

Even if Asshole Deep doesn't win, you definitely need a scene where you get into an argument with the Disgruntled Girlfriend and she slams the door and glares at you and says "You are ASSHOLE DEEP in this house!" and then doesn't talk to you for 3 days.

Blogadier General said...

How's the screenplay coming?

Adrock said...

It's coming along pretty well. I've got a pretty detailed outline for it, and it makes a lot more sense than my last screenplay attempt (which I'm actually going to make fun of in this screenplay). I'm calling it "Slumlord", and am searching for the proper dialogue venue for the line "asshole deep."

Speaking of which, your now ex-governor sure was asshole deep in the hoo-ers!