Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bo Jackson Cannot Be Stopped



Sorry about the previous bitter (read: drunken) post. Though I do agree with everything I said, it's not exactly light reading. Oh well.

Anyway, none of that today. Check out this article on my favorite website, ESPN (sorry, no more sarcasm, I promise). It's about all of the little frustrating things in sports video games. Like miraculous 4th quarter comebacks. And bench players suddenly getting hot and hitting 10 3's in a row. And needing an Al Saunders playbook sized manual to understand how to pitch a freaking curveball. Anyway, great article.

For me, the worst part about sports video games comes down to one word: holding. It's bullshit. BULLSHIT!!! Whenever I play Madden, and I'm at my own 1 yard line, back to the endzone, 3rd down, and decide to try to eke out some breathing room for my punter with a little run up the middle, or a sweep out to the side (a bit risky, that), and, following my lead blocker, who bulldozes two defenders, and juking and spinning, I find that suddenly I've broken free of everyone, and make a 99-yard sprint to the other endzone, making sure to highstep near the end, diving theatrically into the end zone for an awesome touchdown...(breath)...whenever I do this, WHENEVER I DO THIS, I know what's going to happen.

Holding, #78, Offense, half the distance to the goal-line, repeat 3rd down.

Turns out, I accidently hit the "holding" button on my controller.

BULLSHIT!!!!!

1 comment:

Caleb said...

they just came out with what looks like an updated version of tecmo bowl for the nintendo ds...it looks awesome

but until you get a ds, http://www.nintendo8.com/game/321/tecmo_super_bowl/