Friday, February 9, 2007

Sigh.

So I've still got one more room to fill with a weiner tenant. And, the crazy thing is, it's by far the best of the 6 rooms between the two properties. It's a big loft room, with its own huge balcony with a great view. AND it's got its own bathroom. AND what I'm charging for it is not unreasonable.

The reason it' s extra frustrating to me (besides the fact that it's an enormous leach of my time), is that the people who are coming by are exactly the opposite kind of shoppers as me. When I go looking for something, be it a new CD, clothes, food, LSD, or an apartment to rent, I am in and out and back home lickety-split. If I like the first place I go, or first thing I see, I buy it. I do not like going around and assessing all of my choices at various locations throughout the greater DC area. If I see something (or somewhere) that I like, and it's a reasonable price, what the hell's the point of continuing to search around?

Am I missing a great deal somewhere??? Who cares!! I'd much rather buy the thing, and get back home where I can sit on my ass and watch Seinfeld reruns.

I'm probably in the minority here (the Disgruntled Girlfriend, for example, probably falls in the other category), and it's not like I'll just jump on a bad deal because I'm lazy - but I can recognize something good and have a decent idea of what a fair price is when I see it.

But, I keep getting these people coming by and saying the following:

"Well, this is definitely the best place I've seen so far! I really, really like it! I have a couple other places to look at, and I'll get back to you after I see them, but so far this is the best!"

THEN WHY DON'T YOU SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME AND EFFORT OF LOOKING AT THE OTHER PLACES AND JUST TAKE THIS ROOM?!?!?!?!

When I hear them say that, I immediately write them off. Pains in the ass.

Disgruntled...

No comments: