Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hello Rommie!!

So, I finally decided to respond (carefully) to one of these fake Craigslist Nigerian emailers. What follows is word for word, though I've anonymized certain parts:


----- Original Message ----
From: Rose Mary - slashremedy101@hotmail.com
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2007 10:41:24 PM
Subject: hello rommie......


My name is Rose, I am 26 yrs old female i have never been married..I am
Originally From London,i work as a marketer for a small grown up firm
Industry.I am Presently In London , I am a very dedicated individual who is
totally committed to human development, friendly, very trustworthy and value
relationship above anything.I love travelling,sporting and enjoy meeting
people around the world.I am an easy going person and like to have an
apartment/roommate who is very responsible and understanding, someone I can
really get along with. I will be arriving to the state by this month, and I
will also be staying for at least 6 months or more...before i can resume
back to work,Cos i am Currently on Vacation...

Fortunately, I saw your advert and I am sincerely interested in the room
as advertised and I will like to move in a soon as possible. Please I will
like to know the total cost for my initial move to the room including the
utilities. I need this info as soon as possible so as to arrange for you to
get the money prior for my arrival. As I will like to make an advance
payment ahead my arrival so that you can be rest assured that this is real
since I am not in the state presently. If you are interested in my proposal
kindly email me back..
My Warmest Regard
Rose

------------------------------------------------------------------
My Response:

DISGRUNTLED INVESTOR wrote:
The room costs $50,000 a day. Can you handle it?!?!?!?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Response I received from "Rosemary" - note the different email address...

From: tammy smart - tammyhole563@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:44:53 PM
Subject: Re: hello rommie......

Thanks alot for your response, how are you doing i hope great?Considered your request is okay by me and i will like to pay for six month rents...Thanks once again for replying back to my mail, that shows the sign of consciene that you have for me as a room.
I will be arriving before the 28th of this month i will like to move in there,i am willing to make an advance payment for three month in total.
But i am looking to stay for more than a Six month if applicable. but i will be moving in three weeks time,before the neccessary to move in,i am willing to make payment with a international postal money order or cashiers check... This will be easy for you as a citizen and a resident of Usa to cash immediately at your local bank. I will contact a client of mine who is owing me some couple of dollars and has been willing to pay through this means knowing that i will be moving to boardwalk of Newport Beach in no time ....to forward you this payment as my partner..So all i just require from you is getting the money order in your name....having it cashed and removing the total money for one month and help me sending back the remaining balance from it to my travelling agency which will be meant for my ticket fee to your place..Pls i want you to see this as a help you rendering to a apartment for me.......i am very honest lady to stay with and be with...listen to advice from other people ..i do not smoke..drink nor go out at night.
I am very understanding and reliable....pls if you are willing to help me kindly reply me with neccessary information Like:
YOUR FULL NAME
HOME ADRESS
STATE
CITY
COUNTRY
ZIPCODE
AND PHONE NUMBER
So that with this it will be easy for the chque to get toyou...ASAP!!!
Thanks
Rose Mary

-----------------------------------------

Gotta say...$50,000 a day rental income is pretty tempting...

But, how can you trust someone that does not drink or go out at night!

-Disgruntled A

PS Savannah was awesome for St. Pat's. I hope to have a picture up soon.

No comments: