Monday, November 19, 2007

So, This Isn't Really Funny, But...

With all of the ridiculous bullshit that's happened at and with my two rental houses, one thing had been conspicuously absent. That one thing happened this past week.

On Saturday, I met with the parents of one of my tenants, who, a few days before, had apparently tried to commit suicide in spectacular fashion - driving his car, sans seatbelt or identification, at full speed down the street into a busy intersection. He crashed the car, luckily not into someone else, totalling the car, but sparing himself physically. Evidently this was the second attempt he's made in the past year (once before he moved into my place, which was news to me), and he is now expected to stay six months in a mental health facility.

As he was paid up through the month, from a landlord perspective this isn't going to create any problems. I'll get someone else in his room (arguably the best of the rooms in the house), and that will be that. But, especially in a week in which someone else close to me apparently tried to slit their wrists, it's a bit of a drag. I'm glad that the tenant survived and is ok, at least physically, but this is all getting just a bit too ridiculous. I kind of feel like Jim Carrey in "Truman Show," when he realizes something is odd.

Anyway, sorry about the unfunny post.

No comments: