Friday, June 1, 2007

OK, I realize they were bad investments...I GET IT!

So it's 11:15 PM. DG and I had just finished watching "Children of Men," which is a really good movie, and were seeing what was on TV. The phone rings. It's one of my tenants at the place I just finished renting out (the one I tried to sell recently).

"Uh...sorry to call so late...my ceiling is leaking...it looks like it's going to fall in."

So, living 5 minutes away from the place, I rush over there. There is a slow drip coming from the ceiling in the master bedroom, and a shower-sized indentation around it. After putting a large Christmas tree stand below the leak, I go upstairs, where the tenant up there has already taken the drain cover off of the shower. He points out that there are several rips in the caulk - the culprit revealed.

I call the 24-hour emergency plumbers, who say they will come out for a substantial fee, or I can wait until the morning. The guy in the loft room and the plumber both seem to have the same amount of experience in these matters, and they both agree that I can wait till the morning, since if it was something serious, there would be a large hole in the ceiling and a lake in the master bedroom. So, tomorrow morning, starting at 8 AM, I am forgoing hiking at Great Falls Park with the DG for getting a plumber to come out and make me pay $400 to tell me I have a caulking problem. Then, I get to get a handyman to come out to make me pay $A Kazillion$ to drywall repair the shower-sized indentation in the ceiling.

I logged onto this site after coming home, and I noticed that Google had put two ads (out of four) for "Foreclosures." Thanks for the vote of confidence, Google.

And no, this isn't the "exciting info" I was going to write about that I mentioned in my last post.

I was still sulking, and the DG came into the room and proclaimed that she was going to treat me to a picnic lunch tomorrow to help me feel better.

And you know what...that does make me feel better.

No comments: